NetOwl NameMatcher, the winner of the MITRE Multicultural Name Matching Challenge, is the best-of-breed intelligent name matching software that addresses the needs of many critical applications. These applications call for accurate and fast matching of names expressed by varying transliterations and spellings and are used, for example, for:
- Homeland security and counter terrorism (e.g., terrorist watch lists, visa screening)
- Regulatory compliance (e.g., Know Your Customer, Politically Exposed People, OFAC)
- Anti-money Laundering (AML)
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM)
Name matching against a database of names, especially a large-scale, multi-ethnicity name database, poses serious challenges for many reasons including multiple transliteration variants of foreign names, name order variation, tokenization variation, and misspellings. Traditional approaches to the name matching problem suffer from a precision problem (extraneous matches) as well as a recall problem (missing matches).
With its unique, empirically driven, machine learning-based probabilistic approach, NameMatcher provides highly accurate, scalable, and flexible automated name matching for many languages and ethnicities.
Achieves high accuracy using intelligent, probabilistic, name matching rules derived from large-scale, real-world, multi-ethnicity name variant data.
Performs name matching against tens of millions or more names with sub-second response times.
Easy to enhance name matching performance by incorporating new data for new or existing ethnicities.
Highly scalable name matching software for Big Data environments.
Handles ambiguous names originating in multiple ethnicities.
Leverages NetOwl Smart Name Translation capabilities to support matching of a name in one language/script against names written in other languages/scripts.
- Enhances national security by detecting names of interest with high accuracy
- Addresses regulatory compliance more effectively and efficiently
- Handles name matching needs globally by supporting multiple languages and scripts